Saturday, 7 August 2010

Back at Last!

So after life being mega busy and then first losing and then finding both my camera and the camera cable I am finally going to get the last few meeting posted up!

A lot has happened in the group as well -  Donna got married and went of on her honeymoon, and Janette has moved into a new house!

I can now also post the finished pictures of the quilt I made as a present for my best friends, John’s wedding to his lovely Mary-Anne. I’m glad to say the loved it.

I owe a huge thanks to Janette for not only helping me cut, design and make the quilt but for also making the adorable matching doggie!

DSC00470

Spot Janette! And here’s the label from the back:

DSC00855

and the matching doggie  :D

DSC00465 

And here are the Lovely Couple with their newest member of the family – Humphrey!

DSC00856

And this is the miniature hat I made and wore at the wedding :

 

DSC00466

Here’s Me wearing it at the wedding with Mum wearing the seashore necklace I finished on the 25th.

DSC00841

 

Sunday 25th July

DSC00757

Finishes

Julie has finished crocheting this pale lime coloured shrug…. and the decided she didn’t like it! But luckily Doreen does so she made a donation to Janette’s friend’s Chromosome 18 charity fund and is now the proud owner. In the meantime Julie has started on a different shrug pattern.

DSC00758

DSC00759

This is the seashore necklace I finished for my Mum to wear at the wedding.

 DSC00755

WIPs

  • Janette – Knitted child's snood
  • Me – Seashore necklace
  • Erin – Baby Booties
  • Margaret – Blue Crochet wavy cardigan
  • Romy – Sewing up knitted purse
  • Doreen – Green stripy boys top
  • Julie – Crochet shrug

 

Sunday 1st August

We had Donna’s (Belated) wedding shower! We all made Xmas ornaments for her & her new hubbie.

Here she is opening the pressies:

DSC00844

 

DSC00847

And here are the pressies:

DSC00849

 

I also taught a mini class on Beadweaving to Julie and Margaret, with Doreen looking on to get a taster.

Finishes

A couple of finishes today. Gillian has finished these cute cabled hand warmers.

DSC00853

And I finished this necklace last week (also for the wedding)

DSC00852

 

WIPs

  • Erin – Red Baby Hat
  • Donna -  Blue blanket
  • Margaret, Julie & Me – Beading tutorial
  • Doreen – Green stripy Boys top
  • Romy – Yellow/White baby Cardi
  • Gillian – Autumn coloured cabled hand warmers.

I wont be at the meeting on the 8th, but I will be there the following Sunday. Have a good one!

Aileen

3 comments:

  1. tnx for the sweet comment :) Really cute blogs you have! You are so good with youre hands!

    ReplyDelete