Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Back Again

DSC00442

I’m back now from a week in wonderful Orkney – having  gained much inspiration and a small increase to my wool stash!  Pictured above is the Orkney breed of North Ronaldsay Sheep who are normally seen feeding on the seaweed on the beach – which means they have a very soft undercoat that makes amazing yarn. The lamb in the picture still had very wobbly knees so he couldn’t have been more than a few hours old!

If you would like to see more of the many photos I took whilst I was away then just click here.

 

Sunday 13th June

We had a new friend join us this Sunday – Julie. She saw the group listed on Ravelry and thought she would pop along and see who we all are. Welcome Julie :D

No photos of finishes this week although Janette has said she has some photos from the last 2 weeks when I was away, so I shall get them up as soon as possible

 

This Weeks WIPS

  • Me – Beading a Necklace for Mum & knitting more of my entrelac sock
  • Donna -  Blue Baby blanket
  • Gillian – Kilt sock #2 from own spun yarn
  • Margaret – knitted pink ladies top
  • Doreen – green tweed cardi
  • Julia – light green crochet bolero
  • Janette -  purplish/red knitted snood.

See you next week

A

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update. I really like seeing what's happening at the group, especially since Liz and I can't make it along as often as we would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. Glad you enjoy following the blog :D

    ReplyDelete